Thursday, February 01, 2007

Belly Story

From a belly buddy...

I had a fun belly moment last night:

I was cooking and my fella was there standing behind me with his hands wrapped around my back. He was playing with my belly roll ... tapping it rhythmically and squeezing it and such.

In the past I wouldn't have been able to stand this because of how much shame I have had about that part of my body. Last night was different though.... I actually felt comfortable while he was doing it: empowered, even if just for a few moments.

He was being playful and laughing as he did it, and eventually his laughter triggered me and I blurted out, "Hey, now, don't be squeezing my beautiful bodacious belly and laughing while you do it!"

I noticed myself wanting to collapse into a victim energy because of the old emotional charge I have had about my belly, but I didn't. His reply? He smiled and said, "Why can't I? Your belly makes me happy ... and I think it is really cute."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog!

Glen said...

Count me in as one of the fellas that loves the belly. Great blog and book keep up the good work.
Glen
Full Figure Plus