Monday, August 07, 2006

My Rights as a Woman at ANY Size

From Fatima Parker, President, with credit to Laurie Richards
International Size Acceptance Association
Middle East and North Africa

I have the right to love and be loved.
I have the right to move freely and express myself in my own ways.
I have the right to feel sexy.
I have the right to feel beautiful.
I have the right to move with dignity and grace.
I have the right to take up all the space my body needs.
I have the right to be treated with respect.
I have the right to love myself as I am NOW--not as I wish I was, or as I was at another time in my life, or as others want me to be.
I have the right to feel successful and fulfilled in all aspects of my life.
I have the right to live joyfully and fully.
I have the right to be a diva, a Beauty Queen in body heart and soul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the right to say that oversized women are less attractive then thin ones.

Lisa said...

Since "attractive" qualities are a matter of personal opinion, I suggest the accurate statement is that oversized women are less attractive to you than thin ones. You certainly have the right to speak for yourself!

Unknown said...

Hello Lisa,
please credit this piece to Laurie Richards, she wrote it.
https://www.facebook.com/darthlaurie?fref=ufi

Lisa said...

Done! Thanks, Fatima, for the update